Featured image: Dissertation cover image – PhD dissertation “Child (Bio)Welfare and Beyond: Intersecting Injustices in Childhoods and Swedish Child Welfare”.
Some people have asked about the dissertation cover image.
Below, you will find slides, which provide some background to the multi-layered image. The cover is part of one of my art projects in the course “Konsten i Samhället”, at Folkhögskolan i Angered.
Another common question is how I would summarise the dissertation in a few sentences. I have started this blog and the instagram account @zlatanaknezevic.page to share my past and ongoing research. Apart from summarising and simplifying, I am also trying to find alternative expressions. Sometimes, I try to illustrate my research! See more by scrolling the slides below!
© 2020 Zlatana Knezevic https://zlatanaknezevic.page/ All rights reserved
- Knezevic, Z. (2017) ‘Amoral, im/moral and dis/loyal: Children’s moral status in child welfare’, Childhood 2484): 470-484.
- McClintock, A (1995) Imperial Leather: Race, Gender and Sexuality in the Colonial Contest. New York/London: Routledge.
- Announcement for the third international eugenics congress, New York 21-23 August 1932. In: Hanauske-Abel H. M. (1996) ‘Not a slippery slope or sudden subversion’, BMJ 313(7070): 1453–1463.
- Barns röst och kunskapscirkulation. Courtesy of Z. Knezevic.
- Body of knowledge – Body of child. Courtesy of Z. Knezevic.
- Dissertation cover. Courtesy of Z. Knezevic. In: Knezevic, Z. (2020) Child (Bio)Welfare and Beyond: Intersecting Injustices in Childhoods and Swedish Child Welfare. Doctoral dissertation. Västerås: Mälardalen University Press.
- Lyssna på örat? (Speaking bodies/Talande kroppar). Courtesy of Z. Knezevic.
- Operation Kvinnorfrid. Operation Kvinnofrid (2002) ‘Mäns våld mot kvinnor drabbar även barn’. http://www.operationkvinnofrid.se
- Rötternas filosofi (The philosophy of roots). Courtesy of Z. Knezevic.