Want to get in touch? Please fill in the contact form.
I am an independent researcher based in Malmö, Sweden. Having studied a wide range of issues – from feminist NGOs, migration, equality, diversity and social justice issues, to childhoods, child welfare and knowledge issues – my research interests are not related to any particular discipline. Crossing disciplinary boundaries and drawing on knowledges from different disciplines is what inspires me the most. My research is often at the intersection of postcolonial feminist theory and critical childhood studies. The connecting thread of all my work is the search for alternative and more equal world(view)s.
My academic studies began with a bachelor’s programme in gender studies, followed by a two-year master in gender studies in social sciences and humanities, both obtained from Lund University, Sweden. On May 29 2020, I defended my PhD dissertation “Child (Bio)Welfare and Beyond: Intersecting Injustices in Childhoods and Swedish Child Welfare“, at Mälardalen University, Sweden.
I created this website to keep my passion for research alive and to carve out a space in this world for my work, reflections and ideas. I am writing and doing research on different topics. When I have time, I also work with my second passion, mainly photography and other creative expressions.
What I do (see Portfolio)
I do qualitative interdisciplinary research and have assisted several research projects in the past.
Some examples of the work I do:
- Research and research assistance
- Writing scientific articles, reports, and essays, in Swedish and English
- Needs mapping
- Start-ups (projects, activities, groups, seminars)
- Ethnographic interviewing and fieldwork
- Teaching and presentations, in Swedish and English
- I work in the social sciences and humanities in the intersection of different fields and disciplines like gender studies*critical childhood studies *postcolonial studies*anthropology *philosophy of childhood*social work*medical anthropology*
Please get in touch here.
Current & Future Research Projects and Activities
I look for ways to continue with ethnography, and to incorporate art into research. Apart from my solo projects, I write with others, for example in the CAPs project, University of Lapland, where I was a visiting doctoral student in 2018.